1. It doesn’t feel great at the beginning.
2. Take it slow at first.
3. Have a plan of action.
4. Add a little each week.
5. Allow time between sessions to recover.
6. The activity itself is discipline.
7. If possible, use the activity as an opportunity for exploration and adventure.
8. Alter your plan of action depending on the specific circumstances of the day. Conditions are never optimal.
9. The longer the activity, the more your mind changes: new thoughts just…appear.
10. Fatigue makes clear the adage “mind over matter.” But still–it hurts.
11. Today sets up tomorrow and another plan of action.
12. Timing things is useful. But so is going by feel.
13. Steady rhythmic movement is fun.
14. Places feel different when you’re moving through them.
15. There is always something more to say, but that something hasn’t arrived yet!